Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I wanted to post some of the things I am thankful for today. Seems like an appropriate day for it.
- I’m thankful for the first person who saw this bird, and thought to themselves, “I bet, after a few hours in an oven, that is one tasty bird.”
- I’m thankful for a country that lets me eat turkey if I want to.
- I’m thankful for being able to watch football and eat turkey at the same time.
- I’m thankful for toilet paper.
- I’m thankful for toothpaste.
- I’m thankful for a home that has heat in the winter.
- I’m thankful for good friends to share an amazing dinner with.
- I’m thankful for a family that constantly helps me to grow and become a better man.
- I’m thankful for a wife who loves me and allows me to be the man God has created me to be.
- I’m thankful for an amazing staff team to work with at New Life Christian Church.
- I’m thankful for a healthy church that is striving together to accomplish God’s mission on earth.
- I’m thankful for mentors who have taken time to pour life experience into me.
- I’m thankful for a faith that goes beyond religious legalism and manipulation.
- I’m thankful that God is bigger than my faults and mistakes.
- I’m thankful for His grace.
- I’m thankful for His mission.
- I’m thankful that He has invited me to be a part of His work.
I have so much to be thankful for. I’m sure I could make this list go on forever. There’s so much to be thankful for in our world. So my question for you is; what are you thankful for? You don’t have to leave an exhaustive list, but maybe your top 2 or 3. As consumerism knocks at the door of taking over the next 30 days or so of our lives, let’s use this day to slow down and keep a proper perspective on the things that really count in our lives.